-->

Minggu, 21 April 2019

Let's be a Hero and Save The Environment



There are many articles we can find on the internet about saving the environment. Here, I’m not just going to tell you what to do, since some of you have probably read somewhere about it. As my self often read the kind of article, I sometimes wonder if the person behind it is actually do as it suggests. I mean, it’s really easy to say and tell somebody what to do. 

For me, doing something right and yet new to me has got me excited. And to be honest, I’m not that that angelic. Let me tell you, doing the things might be easy, but to stay committed is a bit of trouble for me. Let’s break it up into ways to save the environment, and I’ll show you how I’m doing so far. 

1. Save water
How much have I save? not much really. As a true Indonesian, this humid temperature makes us want to have shower twice a day. I don’t really do that, call me 'jorok'/nasty, trust me once a day is enough, and even once every two days, like if i stayed home for a whole weekend. Beside, we have AC in every classes in my UNI anyway, so I don’t get too sweaty. Well research have proven those ones who seldom take a shower, they have better immune system. look it up.
Also It has been God knows how many months i haven’t clean my motorbike. Apart from saving money, I’d think it as saving water too. I don’t need my ride to be always polished and shiny anyway, riding it while raining make it really dirty again, and once I get home just let the rain washed away some dirt. So really whats the point of cleaning it. Now can you do that too? This has been so far my committed progression. It might be the down side of me yet it turned out to be positive to environment, I feel proud.

2. Save electricity 
Yes, turn off lights, the TV, and other appliances when you are not using them. We can do that, I’m guessing this days we would be just on our phone anyway, but don’t turn on your TV if you just wanna look at your phone. I do that, a lot. when I loose interest i turn on my phone, i wait a bit if there’s a good show on TV, if not, then just turn the TV off. I really need to work this better, as well as I’m on my budget anyway. Lucky, I like the lights to be off whenever watch the TV. And I don’t have a bedroom light since 2 years of me living in the new house. I just go to bedroom when about to go to bed so really a light is pointless. And I always lowering the AC whenever i use it. I’m thinking to switching back to a fan again. I’ve used it for 2 days straight so far. I really am on a budget.

3. Use reusable bag
Few weekends ago, my family and I went to Bogor, west Java. And I got a surprise- a good one. While in Jakarta, this big city, these days, every time I go to the mini mart, they would offer you a plastic bag, either paid or non paid but not anymore in Bogor. AND I LIKE IT. they would ask you if you’ve gotten a bag of your own, otherwise they’d ask you if you’d like to buy the reusable bag. How hard to apply that in the rest of the cities in Indonesia? Though, I suggest to not wait for others to change, why not start on your own. Well, it’s not as simple as it sound, I’ve tried this only since last year, but not as smooth. I often forgot to bring those bags. so i had to carry by hand, if it was a really light shopping. I sometimes loose and buy the plastic. i actually went to some stores that doesn’t provide you a plastic bag in Bekasi, it was fine only if you brought car. I managed it fine with the trolley to the car. However you can always ask for card boards. Now, not all store would give you the card boards. So, be aware, otherwise you have to carry them by hand or just shove it in your school bag or whatever you have. Oh even plastic straws would make you a hero, try to say no to plastic straws everywhere. You can always buy your reusable stainless straw. Let’s try minimize our usage to those plastics, we can do it.

4. Use a Reusable Beverage Containers
I’m not doing it right, I still need to do this better. I would like to say I was better with this before than now. I used to buy food and use our own bowl like when buying meatball soup. Now i’m only trying to bring my own water bottle at least. Even though sometimes my devil side kicks in and telling me, “it’s too heavy to be carried, lets just buy a mineral water when we get there”. I can be that lazy to even fill it up before I go. For those whose going the same situation, let’s not stop, keep trying.

5. Avoid Taking Cars or Carpool When Possible
Or avoid taking motorbike too. These days I can find my self too lazy to walk just to the closest mini mart. It is can be efficient for the time but i would think, “when is the last time i exercise? I should run then”. I haven’t walk up to mini mart that often. I don’t really go out for sure, it’s all about on budget thing again. my routine now is just go to campus on weekdays, and to the workplace every night. I can go to places only during when I’m on the way to either those 2 places. Let’s say save the petrol= save the environment. how good is that? it’s beneficial in both ways.

the last thing I would suggest you is to recycle, yet I’m not really good at it. So far, I’ve only recycled those cardboard into containers for my make up products. That’s all I can say about helping to save the environment with all the things that actually do(not very best yet), trust me, every little things count. At least try, and perhaps share your journey here in the comment bellow.

Thank you for your time.

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar